Pages

November 8, 2011

Guest Review for Jacob T. Marley

I have read Jacob T. Marley but haven't taken the time to write a review.  Here is one from Kay Curtiss which closely reflects my opinion.

Kay's Kritique:  A tradition I have is watching A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens every year.  My favorite is the one with George C. Scott as Scrooge - although I also really enjoy the 1951 version with Alastair Sim as old Ebenezer.  So when I saw this title coming out, I thought - "Yes I always wanted to know a little more about Jacob Marley!" and Jacob T. Marley by R. William Bennett did not disappoint.  The writing is very "Dickenish" -- and when looking at Marley's life with the aid of some "spirits", it caused me to pause and reflect on my own life . . . (click here to read the full review and summary of the book)

No comments:

Post a Comment