Pages

April 5, 2010

Fablehaven Series Now Complete!


Fablehaven 5, Keys to the Demon Prison is the last volume in the best-selling children's fantasy series by Brandon Mull. Like most excellent children's fantasy, there's lots of pretty interesting things going on inside a fast-moving adventure story. I'm thinking I need to get more members of my family reading this series so we can have some energetic discussions about the interesting themes and thought-provoking conflicts that develop throughout the series. Some of these include courage versus caution, a pure heart versus greed and power, light versus dark, consequences and responsibility, loyalty and betrayal plus much more.

I had waited to read volume 4 (Secrets of the Dragon Sanctuary) until the last volume came out. Since it had been a while, I ended up reviewing/rereading volumes 1 through 3 and then reading 4 and 5. It took a day or two for me to process the climax and resolution of the series and come back out of the Fablehaven universe into the real world. Not everyone I know who started reading the first book was able to really get into the story, but it sure pulled me in. I look forward to reading these again and finding ideas, patterns and details I missed the first time. For more information about what the series is about, you can check on our website for a description of the books. If you enjoy fantasy, I can highly recommend this series for you and your children.

Product note: Volume 1-4 are now available in paperback as well as hardback.

No comments:

Post a Comment